Australia has become a more attractive option for migrants compared to the United States of America due to several reasons. One of the most significant factors is the lower crime rate in Australia with police officers not carrying guns, resulting in a safer environment for all citizens. Additionally, Australia has a better quality of life with Sydney being considered one of the most beautiful and livable cities globally, with public infrastructure as good as, if not better than Europe and the USA.
Quality of Life and Standard of Living in Australia
Australia is often applauded for its high quality of life and standard of living. In terms of safety, Australia boasts a low crime rate, with police officers rarely carrying guns. This creates a sense of security for its citizens, and violent crimes are rare. Furthermore, the country’s cities are considered some of the most livable in the world, with Sydney being one of the most beautiful. The public infrastructure is as good as or better than Europe and the USA, and the government invests in its expansion and maintenance. The Sydney Opera House is an example of the world’s most sophisticated contemporary infrastructure.
Australia prioritizes its own citizens above other countries. While there may be some corruption, the government seems more transparent and accountable. Australians earn higher hourly rates than Americans, as a result of the low population density and the way human resources are treated. The country is all over development, and none of its cities are in the bottom half of the United States. The natural beauty of the Great Barrier Reef, the Blue Mountains, Shark Bay, and the Pinnacles Desert are perfect for an escape from daily routine. Furthermore, Australia produces better results for students across different categories and subjects. Sydney, in particular, has one of the best passing percentages and results globally.
Education and Academic Opportunities in Australia
- Australia has become a leading study destination for international students due to its world-class education, economic growth, and excellent quality of life. Furthermore, the country has top-ranked institutions, globally recognized qualifications, and an abundance of scholarships, making it an attractive option for students from around the world. As per the United Nations report, Australia is the second-best country in the world for its superb quality of life.
- Seven Australian cities rank in the top 100 best student cities globally, making it an alluring study abroad destination. The University of Melbourne is one of the prestigious universities globally, and Sydney, a hub of multinational companies, provides high employment opportunities. Brisbane offers a perfect combination of a metropolitan city with a natural backdrop, while Perth is renowned for its affordable education.
- Compared to USA, the Australian education system places more emphasis on practical knowledge. Australia assesses students’ knowledge on practical skills, reasoning, and value-based questions, assignments, essays, and seminars. Studying in Australia also offers international students the experience of gaining a global perspective, which can benefit their future careers. Therefore, Australia is a solid choice for students who want to expand their education and gain a diverse perspective.
Economic Stability and Opportunities in Australia
Australia has a strong economy and offers a variety of opportunities that make it a better choice than the USA. The country has experienced 28 years of annual economic growth and is the world’s 14th largest economy. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, Australia continues to assist other countries to access safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines and increase their economic growth to reduce poverty. In 2019-20, Australia provided $4 billion in development assistance, which included $1.4 billion to the Pacific.
- Australia is home to a highly skilled workforce, and all Australians have access to quality and affordable healthcare for both physical and mental health. The country is also multicultural, with 30% of the population being born overseas, and more than 300 languages being spoken in Australian homes, making it a diverse and welcoming environment.
- The Australian democracy is founded on the values of freedom of election and being elected, assembly and political participation, speech, expression, and religious belief, rule of law, and basic human rights such as inclusion and diversity. Australia is a representative democracy where voters elect candidates to carry out the business of government on their behalf.
Finally, the country also offers a range of opportunities in terms of study, tourism, sports, and creative industries. Australia is known for its world-class universities, and study in Australia can open doors to a wide range of employment opportunities. The country is also a popular tourist destination, with unique flora and fauna, stunning beaches, and vast landscapes. Additionally, the country has a strong sports culture, with numerous sporting events and facilities, and a thriving creative industry that produces some of the world’s best musicians, actors, and artists.
7 reasons Australia is a Better Choice than the USA
Australia offers several advantages over the United States, making it a better choice for study, work, and even living. Here are seven reasons why:
- Safety: Australia has a much lower crime rate than the United States, and the police force only carries batons, rather than guns. The country is considered safe and secure, with a better quality of life.
- Public Infrastructure: Australia invests in expanding and maintaining public infrastructure, including monuments and public buildings. The Sydney Opera House is the world’s most sophisticated contemporary infrastructure.
- Government Transparency: The Australian government is more transparent and more accountable, making decisions that prioritize Australia’s needs. The government does not prioritize other countries’ issues over their own, like in the US.
- Higher Wages and Human Resource Treatment: Australians are paid more, and the Human resource is treated right. Australia is known for its development all over the country, including major cities.
- Natural Beauty: Australia has several natural attractions, including the Great Barrier Reef, the Pink Lake, Shark Bay, and the Blue Mountains. The United States, mainly the cities, tends to be a concrete jungle with not much serenity.
- Education System: Australia offers world-class education with globally recognized qualifications and scholarships. The country is currently one of the most popular destinations for international students, with over 384,000 international students from over 140 countries.
- Practical Skills & Global Perspective: Studying in Australia or any foreign country offers the experience of gaining practical skills and valuable global perspectives. The Australian education system assesses students through projects, reasoning, and value-based questions, assignments, essays, seminars, and other skills that have high value for the future.
Australia offers a better quality of life than the United States, with lower crime rates and exceptional public infrastructure, making it a popular study destination for international students. The country’s major cities, such as Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, and Adelaide, are all ranked among the top 10 most livable cities in the world, with Sydney being considered one of the most beautiful cities globally.
This is thanks to the country’s focus on development and the maintenance of public infrastructure and various other public buildings. While the United States may have more significant cities like Las Vegas and New York, these cities overshadow the poverty in the deserts of Nevada and Arizona. Australia offers a lot of untouched natural magnificence perfect for a human escape from daily monotonous routine.